After graduating TAMUCC in Dec 07 with a BA in Business Management, I decided to see as much of the world as possible before starting a real "job." Here are my adventures for your viewing pleasure!! E-mail anthonycicc@yahoo.com or www.myspace.com/anthonycicc
HTML Hit Counter

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Syd to Melbourne Feb 26 - 28

Here is my first road trip and it turned out excellent. I met a French guy (Pierre haha) and we both took his van south through some really beautiful sight and great terrain. We first headed up through the mountains which was amazing, it was just south of Sydney, this was an interesting experience because they were extremely windy roads with no barriers or even a center line. I didnt get a chance to take a picture becuase we were both concentrating on the turns and everything that was ahead, some of the turns were like 20k/hr turns, but yeah I would look out the frot or side window and would just see the van, a yellow line and then the cliff, pretty scary but fun at the same time. I was finally able to drive and this was pretty cool and easy to get used to because everyone is going in the same direction but the spacial awareness was interesting, but here is a pic of me driving his van!!

Photobucket

I finally saw my first roo.....but he was dead on the side of the road, sorry to say but he was really red and pretty big, im still looking forward to seeing some roos on the side of the road that are alive!! We passed many road trains which were about the size of 2 18 wheelers in the states, when you pass them make sure to hold on the the wheel because they are pushing a ton of wind in front of them.

We did pass through a really small town called Eden, here we had something to eat and some time to just hang out, it was really pretty and here is a pic of Aussie's Eden.

Photobucket

This is pretty much how we camped on this trip, it was really fun and we were able to make a huge fire....even though there was a complete fire ban, haha oops, but yeah this night it poured down rain and out ghetto rig worked pretty well!!!

Photobucket

Here is a couple pictures of some beaches at Phillip Island, it was really cool, there were penguins and seals out on the island!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is my blog about the adventures I am/have been through. In the past it has been about traveling, but now its is about an invention that I came up with. Feel free to find me on facebook.com/anthonycicc